Wednesday, April 25, 2007

100 Hikes in Utah Photo - Bucksking Gulch

Photo by Steve Mann.

When I was 14 my best friend's dad took us on a trip through Buckskin. It was my first real hiking adventure and the start of my love for hiking. The start of the hike through Wire Pass was mind blowing. Squeezing through the canyon, removing our packs in spots to get through, made the hike 100 times more adventurous than anything I had done to that point. Having the energy of 14 year olds, my friends and I hiked ahead of the group and placed rocks in the mud as stepping stones for the rest of the group. Eventually we came to a pool that was too deep for rocks. I'll always remember wading through the cold, stinky water. To me, this hike was epic and will always be on my list of favorite spots in Utah to visit.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home