Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Santa Barbara




It's been almost 14 years since I've lived in Santa Barbara. So, when I found out my brother-in-law was getting married in L.A. I made sure we got to spend a day here. We arrived tonight and the city is just as I remembered it. The roads aren't big enough (Especially for my SUV) and they have all those crazy dots on them. However, the view from the Riviera is still spectacular and the beach still has pick-up soccer games going.

Tonight I took the family over to the Santa Barbara Mission. It has a great rose garden out front and always seems to have people picnicking and playing around. Today they had a bunch of pastel street art done outside the building. One of the shots above is from there. Maybe I'll post a few examples of the art later.

The other shot is of the full moon that is shining so brightly tonight. All I had was my 20mm so the moon is a mere dot. I'll try again tomorrow with a longer lens to see what I can get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home