Monday, January 14, 2008

Paris - Day Two

We started the day at Sacre Coeur. It was a long hike up the hill and to the top of the dome. We also saw the St. Pierre du Montmartre church. We then wandered the streets in the Montmartre district, known as the artsy, seedy part of town. Monday seems to be the day for museums in Paris to shut down. We tried to go to Musee D'orsay and the Rodin Museum; both were closed. We ended up at the Louvre where we saw the Mona Lisa, Venus de Milo (SP?) and a bunch of other cool things. Our feet were dead so we booked it home.

For dinner we stayed in Vincennes. A friend of mine said the French have the best food. I've not had much luck (with the exception of crepes and baguettes) with my ordering. The first night I had Foie Gras. I knew it was duck liver, but I figured I'd try it. It was awful. Tonight I figured I'd play it safe. I ordered steak and fries. I didn't know what the "tartare" meant. It was basically a raw hamburger with no bun. Look it up. I'm hoping I don't get sick. Apparently it's still considered gourmet here in France.

Tomorrow we will try to catch a local market and then head over to the Eiffel Tower. We'll see what the weather is like.

Again, couldn't get the movie to upload. Check it out here.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sidemoss said...

So what do they call the angel with no head?

I love that we get to share your trip to France.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Booster and BigNanaO said...

Thanks for sharing, you guys. What a treat to enjoy with you in a small way. Be safe and have fun.

7:02 PM  
Blogger Michael Lloyd Photography said...

How fun! Great stills,I love the food storiestoo. You'll strike gold somewhere and it'll make up for the duck liver, lol.

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home