Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Meet Zoe

Over the past few weeks I've been trying to adopt a Bernese Mountain Dog named Zoe. Ever since I saw a couple of dogs of the same breed at the Outdoor Retailer Show I've wanted one. However, because they are fairly rare, or hard to get, I didn't realy expect to have one. We found Zoe on an adoption site and couldn't believe someone would give her up. (Ends up it was a military family who was moved suddenly and was unable to take her with them.)

Zoe bonded with me and the family during our first visit. I think she chose us, because it was that bonding that convinced the agency to let us take her. (There were hundreds of other who wanted her.)

Anyway, I'm sure there will be an adjustment with adding a dog to the family, but we are so excited to have her.



2 Comments:

Blogger tom lindsey said...

Congrats! Do you mind if I bring the kids by this weekend to see her?

9:24 AM  
Blogger Jenni Coberly said...

Congrats on the dog!! It's awesome that you were picked out of hundreds of people. It was meant to be. It's neat how the dog picked you. I've been wanting to get a dog for T, but I'm not sure I can convince Chris.

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home