Sunday, January 27, 2008

Camping at Maple Bench

This weekend I took the Varsity Team up to Maple Bench for a night of winter camping. They all did well and stayed warm. I was surprised to find that very few of them had flashlights or pocket knives. They are so used to camping from a car they don't understand the basics. We're working on that though. Here is a picture of me and Zoe. Zoe did well with the hiking part, but I think sleeping in the tent freaked her out a little. Got to work on that.

4 Comments:

Blogger tom lindsey said...

Nice of you to do that-- I really do not like camping with kids. I make exceptions for my own ;-) And my dog cannot decide whether he wants to be in or out of the tent; paces back and forth all night.

I went snowshoeing on Thursday evening toward the Cascade Saddle from Big Springs-- nice night with a slight breeze and a big full moon. Which has inspired me to go again in Feb during the full moon and see if I can take long exposure shots. Just need to think of something interesting to shoot. Any ideas?

10:49 PM  
Blogger Jenni Coberly said...

Great picture! I was glad that I got to meet the infamous Zoe. She's a beautiful dog and I can actually say that I like her. That's a lot for me :)

2:04 PM  
Blogger Rhett Olson said...

Tom, take me with you and you can take pictures of me. :)

5:02 PM  
Blogger tom lindsey said...

Do you do nudes? ;-)

Naked or not, you are always welcome. Before I make my plans I will send you an email.

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home