Saturday, June 28, 2008

Boulder Mountain



The last time I was on Boulder Mountain, I was pre-hiking a 50-miler for a friend's scout group. The plan was to hike with ultra-light packs and do it in 2 days. We did about 30 miles the first day, so were well on our way. However, the water we planned to pump was dry, and so were our several back ups. We ended up bailing out, hitting highway 12, and hitch-hiking partway back to our car.

Today, I was back to pre hike the 50-miler for my scout group, but this time I did it on a 4 wheeler. The above picture was taken while we were out. I don't think we'll have to worry about water this year.

5 Comments:

Blogger Julie Olson said...

Beautiful pic and smart idea...the four wheelers. We missed you while you were gone and we'll miss you for the week you're gone actually hiking the thing. :-(

7:34 AM  
Blogger Booster and BigNanaO said...

Nice picture. If all 50 miles are as pretty and green as the picture, it looks like it will be a beautiful hike.

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How was the 50 miles? They talked you in to being scout master. The picture is beautiful.

Neil Checketts

4:48 PM  
Blogger Rhett Olson said...

Neil:

Email me so I can have your contact information. We should catch up.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

I sent my contact information on your photo page so drop me a line or give me a call. Stacey has a blog you can check out to see what we are up to.

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home