Saturday, November 22, 2008

Naval Museum, Norfolk, Virginia

I spent the last week traveling for work, meeting with a few of the remote development groups I work with. One of the stops took me to Norfolk, VA. Norfolk has a huge presence and, according to our cab driver, is home to the largest US Naval base. During lunch the first day, a coworker and I took a walk a few blocks from the office to make a quick visit to the Naval Museum. I had heard you can walk out on the Battleship Wisconsin. Unfortunately, they had just closed the ship off to visitors due to high winds, so I wasn't able to board. Here are a few pics I took from the ground outside.








2 Comments:

Blogger Booster and BigNanaO said...

Grandpa would have enjoyed a visit to the museum, no doubt.

8:38 AM  
Blogger South County Ciclista said...

I have always thought that it would be cool to visit there. The ships look so majestic.

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home