Saturday, July 12, 2008

Spanish Fork Peak

As a kid, my friends and I made it a point to hike Spanish Fork Peak each year. My first trip up we spent the night in hammocks attached to the survey pyramid. The next few trips we took a few other friends and made the day of it. We even made one ascent while in college, but I haven't been back since. (That would have been about 12 years ago.)

So, yesterday a few members of our Varsity scout team made the trip. We hiked to lake on the North side of the peak Friday night, then made the rest of the hike this morning. It was truly beautiful. Being on top of the mountain, looking down on my home town brought back so many great memories.



3 Comments:

Blogger Booster and BigNanaO said...

I remember the first time you hiked the peak and how excited you were to go and the stories of all the fun you had. Im glad you were able to go again. It looks like the wildflowers were beautiful.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Jenni Coberly said...

I love the third picture and the beautiful flowers. I'm sure the view was breathtaking!

8:20 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

Ya, I would like to do that hike

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home