Tuesday, December 13, 2005

New Portrait


Today I took a trip up to Pictureline to pick up an ExpoDisc white balance filter. After shooting a bridal in the Joseph Smith Memorial building downtown Salt Lake, I learned how valuable an accurate white balance setting can be.

After picking up the filter, I hooked up with my friend Jason for lunch. After lunch I tagged along to a portrait he was shooting for the Deseret News. I helped him test his light. (Picture shown)

I'm always amazed by how calm Jason is when taking pictures. I'm always sweating like a dog, trying to make sure I'm getting everything right. Maybe the difference is that the people I'm taking the picture of are paying me, while the pictures he's taking are for the paper. Most likely, it's a differnce in confidence. Jason's been doing this for a long time and is confident in his work. I, on the other hand, still worry about how my work will turn out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home