Monday, February 25, 2008

Cycling Roots

When I was a kid I loved to ride my bike. Not long before my 16th birthday I took all the money I had and bought a Specialized Rock Hopper mountain bike. I think I spent around 700 bucks. A friend of my gave me the hardest time for that because he had just bought a Honda Civic for $1300. He thought I was crazy to choose a bike over a car. But hey, what did I need a car for when all my friends had one? Anyway, I spent a lot of time working off my frustrations on the seat of that Rock Hopper.

Recently, I've reconnected with a good friend with whom I grew up via Facebook. He posted several pictures that included me. I figured I would share a few that were taken during a trip we took as Varsity Scouts. We spent 1 week riding just over 170 miles in southern Utah.


This is a photo of the group the day we left for the trip. That's me laying on the ground in the pink tank top. Man, we loved the florescent colors.



If I recall, this was taken on the hardest day of the trip. We rode from the East entrance of Zions NP to Navajo Lake. I'm in the middle with the black helmet.



Our last day. We rode from Navajo Lake to Brianhead. This was taken at the Cedar Breaks overlook. Again, I'm in the middle with the black helmet and red shirt.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenni Coberly said...

Great pictures! I remember that exact pink tank top and the matching shorts. Good times!!

Also, thanks for your singing telegram on Saturday. We loved the Cha-Cha-Cha's!

10:49 AM  
Blogger laneolson said...

Those are some sweet old picks. Where did you find those?

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home