Monday, September 08, 2008

Sierra Designs Needs a Safety Lesson

When I was researching my book (i.e. hiking all over Utah. Hey it was a rough job but someone had to do it.) my co-author and I had to make sure we had helmets on every time we were on a rope. Mountaineers Press would not allow us to include any pictures in the book showing the unsafe practice of rappelling without a helmet. A few of the descents were small and we probably wouldn't have used helmets otherwise. Hopefully we did our part to propagate a culture of safefy.



Today a Steve pointed out this picture he found on the Sierra Designs web site that made me laugh. It's a cool picture, but I'm wondering if they are doing there part to promote safety. I don't know, maybe the tent self inflates into a raft when it senses water. Even still, I'd hate to be camped in the bottom of that canyon when the flood hits.

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie Olson said...

that's funny. At least they have a soft sandy bed to lie in until they're washed away.

8:53 AM  
Blogger tom lindsey said...

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/17448014/detail.html

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home